Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Blog Entry #5: Video Project

The medium I used for my video project was the Powtoons site. It's a free in-browser program with so much you can access built into it right from the start. It allowed me to use pre-made templates and animations of text and pictures to give the video some flare so that it isn't just a PowerPoint presentation. I liked how simple is was to add music, edit the timing, and add effects and my own pictures. I did have a few issues with the application not saving correctly and some error messages when trying to playback the video that ultimately cost me some time while making it. These were the only frustrating parts. I was able to figure it out though, and after a few tries I knew what not to do to make the process go along smoothly. Some of the text effects I wanted to implement simply took to long to appear on screen as well. I would imagine (and hope)if you actually purchased the upgraded version these issues would cease to be. While I caught on pretty quickly, I believe my video is very simple and this is something I would like to improve, something that can only be done with more exposure and continuing to learn to use it. Next time I want to try a voice over, or adding some recording of my own to the video. Ultimately I think Powtoons was a great starter to video editing that streamlined the procedure with its access to so many simple to manipulate animations and effects, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to make an engaging and fun video for classroom instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment